We believe that thoughtful investment in effective nonprofits and institutions can lead to a better future for individuals, families and our community.
Affordable and safe housing
• Homeless prevention, emergency shelter and rapid rehousing
• New or improved permanent housing for the low-income, elderly and disabled.
Stabilization and workforce development for vulnerable populations
• Access to basic human needs
• Family support and parenting skills
• Self-sufficiency skills, reading, financial and digital literacy
• A coordinated system of employment readiness, counseling, training and placement.
Services that allow children to become successful learners
• Early childhood programs
• In-school support
• After-school academic support and enrichment opportunities
• College and career readiness.
Successful systems to serve vulnerable populations
• Community engagement and education
• Advocacy and policy development
• Service provider networks, collaborative programs and community coalitions
• Schaberg Fund Initiatives.
Capacity building resources that strengthen nonprofits and their leadership
• Professional development and training for staff and board
• Planning including strategic and fund development
• Evaluation, IT and marketing services.