• Grant requests are initiated by the Consultant for Community Investment. Requests may be for specific projects, general operations, capital needs or capacity building.
• Members of the grant pool are eligible to apply 2 years in a row and then rotate out of the pool for the third year.
• Site visits/phone conferences, reports on the use of previous funds and the achievement of grant objectives are required.
• Grants are approved by the Schaberg Foundation Board in December.
• Gift requests are initiated by the Consultant for Community Investment. Requests can be for specific projects, general operations, capital needs or capacity building.
• Site visits, phone conferences, and reports on the use of previous funding are required.
• Gifts are approved by the Schaberg Foundation Board in June and December.
Nonprofits typically operate on tight budgets and tend to put programmatic needs ahead of organizational development. The Schaberg Foundation offers its grant and gift recipients capacity building support for board development, IT operations, conference attendance and leadership training.